Powder Metallurgy Process :
The powder metallurgy process existed for more than 100 years, it is one of the general metal-forming processes performed by filling the mixed metal powder into the mold for forming the near-net-shaped products. Over the other metal forming technology, such as metal casting or forging, this process is in the advantages of material utilization, shape complexity, controlled porosity, etc. Nowadays, powder metallurgy is a mature metal process and applied for numerous industries, you can find powdered metal products around your life such as automotive/motor components and household appliances. It also will become an important process for manufacturing lightweight parts in the future trend.
Powder metallurgy, as known as the powdered metal process, processes filling metal powder (iron powder, stainless steel powder, bronze powder, brass powder, etc.) into a forming mold, and the powder is pressed into green parts under a set pressure. And then, the green parts are put into the sintering furnace for sintering, so that the metal particles are combined to achieve a certain mechanical strength. After sintering, vibration de-burring, calibration, turning, other secondary processing, electroplating, and heat treatment can be carried out according to the requirements of the drawings.
- Fabrication of products with intricate shape and miniature tolerance
- The porosity of forming products can be controlled.
- Reproducible large production with lower cost.
- The structure of the crystal is finer and more densified than casting.
- The material utilization reaches more than 95%.
- High-precision production with fast production efficiency.
- High dimensional accuracy with great surfaces